This event is in the past.
Love the Lake Fun Family Day
Pigeon Lake Provincial Park Day Use Area (See Map / Directions at bottom)
Use your passport to travel to different Love the Lake activities at The Love the Lake Family Day. These FUN family activities are about nature and what makes a healthy lake run by with some of our Healthy Lake Partners supported by PLWA volunteers.
FUN Learning Activities & Neat Stuff!
See Love the Lake Pictures in the PLWA Gallery!
· Meet the cutest Saw-whet LIVE OWL and maybe a bird of prey!
· Make a family of birds a home by painting a bird house or help our furry flying friends with a bat box with the LIONS Club
· PLAY ANIMAL JEOPARDY with Alberta Parks wildlife expert!
· Create and Colour your Critter to take home.
· SHORT Nature walks identifying and learning about nifty MEDICINAL plants!
WATER & WATERSHED:
· See and learn to test the WATER QUALITY
· Perhaps some Pond Dipping or AQUATIC BUGS
· Watch the different WATERSHED DEMOs
· See the Fire Fighters BIG Water/Fire fighting trucks
· Learn about boater Safety
TONS OF FUN!!!
From 771 turn towards lake down the Township Road 470 into the Pigeon Lake Provincial Park. Ask at the gate for the Day Use Area though signs will also mark the way!
Hope your family joins us!
Email the PLWA Program Coordinator - email@example.com